Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Cirque du Soleil

The other day I drove (well, I was the passenger) out to Irvine for the closing weekend of the Cirque du Soleil show Kooza in Irivne. It's a pretty silly show overall with some crazy (insane!) stunts, its more circus than dance. I think I was expecting more of the contortionism, it was so sick, in all senses of the word. But some of the performers doing the stunts looked like they were about to fall!!! I keep going back and forth about whether they actually almost DO fall, or if they're just pretending to look like they fall!?!?



At one point the dog (can't really see from this picture) ran through the audience, right through my row! Everyone in our row had to stand up and move their bags. And there was this other woman in the audience whose seat just skyrocketed, I can't believe she didn't fall off her chair when it went up!



The Circus sets up its own tents. It was literally packed, every single seat was taken, and tons of tots were at the show too.



So my roommate has been trying to get me to talk more about men's fashion, which led me to ask my friend A what he's wearing here. It's a wool sweater from Barneys plus pinstripe pants from Banana Republic, and you can't really tell, but he's wearing a bright orange huge faced Tokyo Bay watch.



Definitely didn't take enough pictures of the show (or my outift!). It was one of those shows where you can't tell if you're allowed to take pictures or not, and I'd rather not be kicked out, or just as embarrassing, having the guide stand over your shoulder as you delete pictures that you've just taken.



top: forever 21
vest: vintage Sue Wong (LOVEEEEEE her)
tiered shredded skirt: twelve by twelve at forever 21
studded belt: bought at a men's store in Kyoto, Japan (the sales associate kept repeating this was a men's store thinking i didn't understand his english)
the next best thing to the real ann demeulemeester shoes: forever 21


Omggg you guys, have you heard of Agatha Ruiz de la Prada? I was just thinking about her because of all the colorful costumes at Cirque du Soleil. I just want to eat all of her clothes. The colors are so kindergarten crayon box. Playful and young with its pasted on hearts, flowers, and re-purposing of odd objects as accessories, and bold color blocks. Like. so. much. fun! I was thinking that she would be a perfect costume designer for Alice in Wonderland, since that's coming out this wknd!

When Alice's tears create a flood...


This reminds me of the caterpillar because its so huge and obnoxious, almost like wings. The front looks like a caterpillar body too.


This is seriously the scene when Alice grows so tall she gets stuck in a tree, and disturbs a nesting mother bird, who thinks she's a serpent looking for eggs to steal!!! Look at that egg nest headpiece!!!! And talk about cage dress, this one has little birds on it too!


French toast headbands! Reminds me of when Alice eats pieces of bread to shrink and grow.


I can't recall a piano in Alice in Wonderland, but this feels like it just walked out of the movie. An inanimate object that is given human characteristics.


Clown pants.


Geometric, literally.







Okay too many pictures sorry! But this is fashion with humor.
Photos from Guardian

And enter my GIVEAWAY HERE guys!



33 comments:

  1. oh what whimsical outfits! i'm truly loving the one with egg on the skirt - adorable! also, i'm quite jealous you got to go to cirque de soleil... your vest and skirt really accent your circus theme... (it's a good thing :) )

    xo.
    princesspolitico.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the skirt!

    http://aforteforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great stuff i love ur skirt and the umbrella skirt ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit, especially the shoes & the color of your skirt! These outfits are so much fun, I could see it used in a movie like Alice in Wonderland hehe :)

    kimvee.blogspot.com
    ohmyvintage.blogspot.com
    omvintage.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am seriously enamored with your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute outfit! love cirque du soleil... seen it many time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wat circus, i would be looking at u the whole time in that outfit~!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh i love ur jacket and skirt very much patty !
    the baroque-ish details are super awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post, love it soo much

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty skirt!

    P.S.: I am moving my blog. (janetteria.com), but I have a big problem with DNS of blogger.com and now the blog update is not working. (for example: google reader, bloglist...) I hope so the problem will be resolved soon. I want let me know this. Please don't forget to visit this blog because I can make a new post for everyday, will not break my habit.♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patty ahhhhh! I miss you so so much and your blog too!!

    I really love love the top you're wearing and the skirt is just so amazing! And that's my favorite performance to watch each time they come to town here

    And the collection of those clothes are just so crazy! Ahhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your skirt is heavenly girl.

    By the way...I am running my first ever Giveaway!!! hope you will take part.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun collection! She really could have done Alice in Wonderland! Quite a few bloggers have done Alice inspired stuff this week! Including me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that skirt you're wearing is awesome! I love this outfit so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i always enjoy the cirque shows. haven't seen this one... yet. i love your Alice collection listing. great photos with fun commentary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cirque is amazing! I'm gonna go back to this topic and insist that you go see a show in Vegas. I've seen 2 now and they're like nothing else I've seen!

    With that, I have to say I love this line! It is fashion with humor, but I also think fashion is all about playing adult dress-up. Great pics. Can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AMAZING
    love the looks, totally fabulous and chic
    thanks for sharing
    love the blog, keep it up
    and thanks for the sweet comments, means the world

    -cma
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the umbrella skirt!! But the geometric model is sickly skinny :/

    ReplyDelete
  19. ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ´´´´´´0¶¶¶0´´´´´´´´ø¶¢´´´´´´´´´´´´ø¶ø
    ´´´´´¶ø´´´¶¶´´´´o¶1´´´´¶¶¶´´1¶¶¶´´´7¶¢
    ´´´´´¶1´´´´¶´´´$ø´´´´´´¶¶$´´´¶¶´´´´´´¢¶
    ´´´´´o¶´´´o¶´´o¶´´´´´´´¶¶o´´´¶¶´´´´´´´øø
    ´´´´´´¶´´´¶´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´ø
    ´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´1¶1´´´´´´´´´´´ø¶
    ´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´¶¶´´´´´¶¶¶´´´´´´¶¶´´´´ø
    ´´ø¶´´´´´´´´´´´o¶´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´ø
    ´¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´7¶¶ø7oo77¢¶¶¶´´´´´´ø¶
    ´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´oø
    ´¶¢´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶
    ´´¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¢¶7´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´7¶ø
    ´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´ø¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´øø¶
    ´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ø´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´




    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶´´´¶¶
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´¶¶´¶¶
    ´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´¶
    ´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶
    ´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶
    ´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´¶´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´¶
    ´¶´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´¶
    ´¶´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´¶¶´´¶´´´´¶
    ´´¶´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´¶´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶
    ´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶´´´´´¶´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶
    ´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶´´´´¶´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´¶
    ´´´´¶´´´´´´¶´´´¶´´´´´¶´´´´´´´¶
    ´´´´¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶
    ´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶´´¶
    ´´´´´¶¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´¶
    ´´´´´´´´¶¶¶´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´
    ´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶´¶
    ´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´¶´¶¶
    ´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´¶´´´¶
    ´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´¶´´´´´´´¶´´¶´
    ´´¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶´¶´´´´´´¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´¶´¶¶´´´´´¶¶
    ´´¶´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´¶
    ´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´¶´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´¶
    ´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶



    WOW WHAT A BEAUTY I LIKE YOURS CHOICE THANK YOU
    VERY MUCH FOR NICE BLOG. TAKE CARE,BEST WISHES.

    SEE MY WORLDS BEST COOL PHOTOS BANK!

    NOW COLLECTION OF WORLD'S BEST PHOTOS
    IN ONE PLACE.

    I am interested to link exchange if you agree then visit my blog

    NOW VISIT ALL MY BLOG AND ENJOY

    COOL PHOTOS BANK

    WORLD'S BEST DREAMY PHOTOS

    NATURE OF GOD

    WORLD'S BEST WILDLIFE PHOTOS

    HOT HOT DESI

    VINTAGE DESI

    MYSTERY OF LIFE


    FOR UR COMPUTER


    TIPS AND TRICK OF CELL PHONE


    ART OF LIFE



    FASHION OF LIFE


    DREAMY HEALTH


    FEATURE TECHNOLOGY




    PHOTOS WAR


    SECRET OF EARN MONEY ONLINE



    FOR LINK EXCHANGE CONTACT:- malikimrana1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omigosh that's amazing!!!! I love the umbrella with the tears, and I just saw alice in wonderland XD strangely i would love to wear half of those dresses lol oh and if u have a minute can you please check out my blog?
    http://pinkonthespot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. love that skirt!
    very folklorish outfit!
    XOXO
    http://loresfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE these whimsical designs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your vest! And those designs are just incredible, wow I can't stop looking at them!

    -Ashley
    http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the skirt! looks like you enjoyed yourself.

    the collection is really adorable too

    ReplyDelete
  25. love you outfit girl, and I love Agatha's designs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. hahaha. totally love those outfits. although i would never wear those to school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your outfit, especially the shoes & the color of your skirt! These outfits are so much fun, I could see it used in a movie like Alice in Wonderland.
    Baby Bedding Set

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting AlphaBetaChic! I love reading your comments :)