Thursday, 20 May 2010

Religious Jewelry

Two things that I hope are going to be big: Denim shirts and religious jewelry.

AlphaBetaChic, denim shirt, Nina Ramone cross necklace, paneled leggings

Photobucket

AlphaBetaChic, denim shirt, Nina Ramone cross necklace, paneled leggings

When I was shopping through the Nina Ramone shop, I knew I just had to have this cross necklace in all its layered and multi-cross glory. I have a strange fascination with religious jewelry btw...they seem to bring such protective power to the wearer.

The designer Dana was telling me more about the "For the Faithful" necklace that I'm wearing...Apparently there's a little superstition behind it.
"While ripping apart vintage jewelry to make other pieces, if they had any type of religious medallion, cross or part of a Rosary, I would save them. I thought if I would dispose of them in any way it could be bad luck. I was even very leery about taking apart a Rosary to use the parts I needed. Once I had quite a few, I decided to put them all together in one design, thus eliminating the bad luck from disassembly and bringing good luck to the wearer."
PhotoAlphaBetaChic, denim shirt, Nina Ramone cross necklace, paneled leggingsbucket

vintage denim shirt, old navy tube dress, cross necklace by Nina Ramone, forever 21 vest and brogues, paneled leggings by milk

Don't forget to enter the Nina Ramone fashion giveaway HERE to win your choice of a $30 gift card or necklace worth up to $60!!! :)

Also AlphaBetaChic readers get a
special 10% off discount code

"abChic"
when shopping at Nina Ramone

27 comments:

  1. LOVE the jewelry- so gorgeous. I also love your leggings!! Where can I find them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha i love dana's view on the necklaces, in fact... that may be good to keep in mind for the future. maybe that's why i got that ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those leggings are so amazing! They remind me of the ones Jenny Humphrey wore once on gossip girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally hawt! i love how the crosses have made a complete comeback. makes me think about when i was in middle school. i had cross everything! i should start wearing my rosary again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I couldn't find a single outfit that i didn't like, you really have a great style so im gonna follow you right now!
    Pls visit my site whenever you feel like it and let me know what you think, of course if you want to follow me I wont stop you;)
    Kisses from mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really stand out in that pretty layered outfit. The contrasts are very well done and the jewelry enhances the look of your outfit - it's beautiful. The story behind it is interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An absolutely fantastic outfit! Love how you combined the pale blue shirt with the navy vest and those cute tights, thumbs up! Oh, and the accessories are just outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you wear double denim, I'll put you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have fabulous style girl - i love the leggings!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg so cute. I love your leggings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi girl!

    Loveeee your style <3

    xoxo* by Portugal

    http://ivaniadiamond.blogspot.com

    ;)*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your style! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your leggings!

    juliet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. love all the denim! you look great:) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    Hello Friend, I love love love your blog, it‘s very interesting!!! I really like your style!! i‘ll visit you many times for sure honey.

    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. I‘d like to invite you to visit my fashion blog:

    http://www.mydarlingbubu.com/

    Thank you :). KISSES FROM SPAIN

    •••HAVE A GREAT DAY•••

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your outfit.. perfect that stocking looks really sexy. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hay dear blogger!
    How are you? I'm glad that I've visited this blog! She's lovely.

    Please, check mine too & maybe we can follow eachother!
    You can also join my GIVEAWAY!
    Love, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love this outfit so much and i love your blog too :)
    so cute!

    veren .a little princess.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the jewellery and the whole outfit looks great xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab outfit!
    Love your tights and vest!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello! This is the first time that I visit your blog and I see is very nice!!
    Good photos!!
    Visit me if you want
    http://sweetsyte.blogspot.com/
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab combo!

    XO,
    barbiejunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lady, I miss your face! Let's get together soon.

    Are you all in Vegas here? I love your look, esp. the amazing necklace! You and Stir should take more pics together.. too cute!

    xo, becs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Definitely rooting for denim shirts, they're my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this vest so much! You're so cute! <3

    www.abitoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting AlphaBetaChic! I love reading your comments :)